Playa Vista 400
Location: Los Angeles, California
Client: D.H. Norton
Services: Civil Engineering & Surveying
- Civil Engineering Design and Survey Services
- Special Foundation Requirements
- Boundary and Topographic Surveys
- Compliance with the City of Los Angeles and the Playa Vista Community
- Access Requirements
- Precise Grading Plans
- Water and Sewer Plans
- Storm Drain Improvements
- Hydrology and Hydraulics Calculations
- Construction Administration
- Construction Staking
- Coordination with MEP Engineering for Podium Utility Design
PENCO provided civil engineering design and survey services for the preparation of this 254-unit podium condominium project.
The site was challenging because of special foundation requirements due to its low marshland location.
PENCO provided boundary and topographic surveys, preparation of precise grading plans, storm drain improvements, sewer and water plans, hydrology and hydraulics calculations, construction administration, and construction staking.
PENCO ensured compliance with the City of Los Angeles, as well as the master planned Playa Vista community. This included access requirements, landscaping, and grading.
Design challenges included coordination with the MEP engineer to design podium utility design by providing location of water and sewer connections and storm drain on-site inlets.